Welcome! This weeks theme is from Trinsch.
I've just returned from a trip to Napoli, a beloved city who offers countless opportunities for images of water. I had big plans for photos of l'aqua; unfortunately, there was a bit too much water in the form of rain and fog, so my dear camera remained safe and snug in my bag most of the time :(
A Rainy Thursday Afternoon in the Heart of Naples
Instead, I offer a piece about a way that l'aqua calda (hot water) is currently important in my life. The temperatures have dropped, and while we've delayed it a bit, it's time to get the heat going in this little casa of ours.
We have a system of riscaldamento pavimento, or floor heating, in our home sweet home. It's essentially a series of tubes beneath the flooring through which the hot water circulates, providing ambient heat for our home.
A Sample from a Showroom in Grumolo
Yep. It's nice. Really nice. In our house is takes a day or so to get going . . . so our toes are cold, very cold. I hope you are warm and cozy in your corner of the world.
---------------------------------------------
Jane from Spain is still out and about -- lucky girl. We miss your besos, Jane. Hurry back! Thanks again Trinsch for a great theme.
I, having totally forgotten to ask someone else to do so, have selected next week's theme for us: contrasts. Take it where you care to, i miei cv amici.
And, while I'm thinking of it: Joyce, would you mind selecting the theme for the following week? I'd sure appreciate it greatly, my friend. I think Ms. Jane might be home in Spain by then.
For More Corner Views:
I, having totally forgotten to ask someone else to do so, have selected next week's theme for us: contrasts. Take it where you care to, i miei cv amici.
And, while I'm thinking of it: Joyce, would you mind selecting the theme for the following week? I'd sure appreciate it greatly, my friend. I think Ms. Jane might be home in Spain by then.
For More Corner Views:





42 comments:
How lucky: your umbrella matched your heating system:)! By the way, heating from the floor is the best way not to waste any precious heat: in our house, it's our ceiling that's always nice and toasty:(
Rain is good, but I hope your toes get a chance to warm up and FAST. Warm blankets and hot tea to you...
Amazing how you've taken something as mundane as ambient heat and made it beautiful -- so original! Thank you for the corner view!
Great way to keep your toes nice and toasty. Hope you are feeling warm again soon. Looking forward to next week's theme...tempting me to join in the corner view fun.
amazing how pretty it is under there. who knew? I stayed with a family once in Chile and they had the same type of system. My toes have never been as happy as they were that winter...
we had rain for 15 days but today the sun is back, may be because it is corner view day ... Yeah !!!
Mmm Warm feet!
Have a Sunny day!
Great, It's a good system !!! and your first photo is incredible !!! have a nice week !
hmm, rain in napoli, I suppose it has to happen now and again, hey.
the boy installed that heating system in his apartment at the beginning of this year. he's totally in love with it (and yup, he also took about a 100 photos of it, and the whole installing process... at least).
here's to warm toes!
I'm picturing warm dancing toes half in and half out of cozy socks! Lovely pictures especially with the umbrella! Contrasts....hmmmmm
looks nice and will be even more so!
hope you will have warm toes really soon!
ps.
next week i will be up,up, north in norway- so i miss "contrasts" and the next cv after that :(... but i´ll be back after that... so thank you dana!
you were a great hostess <3
You are so lucky with your floor heating, Dana! I wear two pairs of socks because the floors in our flat are so cold...brrr...
Great theme for next week's CV!
Have a happy day,
Kasia
I think floor heating is so cool. It's on my list for my dream house.
ambient heat is one of life's LARGE pleasures!
I love heated floors. My fav photo is the second shot with the red umbrella.
OK my friend consider it done. Gives me a week to put on my thinking cap and I'll let you know.
Have a golden day! xoxo
beautiful shot of a rainy afternoon. i found water to be quite a challenging corner view :)
oh, what a cool pattern/design with that heat system!
I like very much this magnificent photo of the pavements of Naples in the rain,
but Italy is beautiful in the rain or the sun.....
good evening
christyn
An interesting Corner View! Rain and umbrellas have featured in my Corner View post this week too. :)
I wish they had more of that here in the states. I once visited a friend who had lovely toasty warm floors because they were heated the exact same way as you guys! Are you guys celebrating Halloween this weekend?
funny enough ireland is a quite warm corner of the world at the moment so we don't need the heating so far. this week's theme was really easy for me as we moved to ireland 10 years ago because of water: fresh water from our deep well and fabulous views of water out of our windows! easy and fast excursions to and on water seeing water creatures likes seals in the villages harbour and dolphins and whales from time to time.
There is plenty of water of course in Paris, and not only from the sky happily!
Your post is very interesting but i love your picture of the rainy afternoon.
Love the umbrella picture. :)
Oh, how nice and cozy, radient heated floors is another item on my wish list. Great umbrella photo, I agree.
Keeping it cozy in Maine (it's rainy here, too).
Great post! If I ever get to build my dream house, it will have heated floors.
THat umbrella shot is AMAZING!! Thanks for the hosting!
Thanks for sharing the mechanics of water, and thanks for being such a splendid host,
hope your toes are warm now... ;)
love next week's theme!
wow the floor heating system is great.
in the meantime keep those toes warm.
p.s. - thanks again for hosting CV.
We had that type of heat in our first home, it was wonderful...
About the cornerview list:
I just realised that I'm no longer on the list. Neither on yours nor on Jane's :(
But I still enjoy participating and visit all these creative corners of the world :)
I really like your first photo, very graphic! good color match with the red umbrella in Napoli!
Oh, I would love that kind of floor heating ... or stone floors get soooo freezing in Winter. Great photos :-)
Beautiful aqua calda and photos !!!!
Oh, I am so envious! Our floors are already ice cold and its only October.
hello! i would like to join corner view. my blog is http://caramelcaramelo.blogspot.com/
I have made a post for this week and was not aware there was a theme. sorry! next time! thanks for adding me to the list at your leisure (I have posted a similar comment on jane's blog.) kenza.
My corner view is on line ...
thanks a lot !
I so enjoyed this! I love the ambient heating I wish we would adopt it here in the US. So glad to find your blog! I was in Naples once, to get a pregnancy test, of all things. caio!
very very nice choice for water, dana!
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com
That IS wonderful! I lived in a studio for a while that had floor heat and it was amazing. Enjoy!!!
beautiful photos!
Great shots! Love the umbrella! Thanks for hosting!
Post a Comment