4.23.2009

April Showers

I keep reminding Maddy that rain is a good thing:  it allows the plants to grow, cleans the smog-filled air of Northern Italy (amazing around here after a heavy rain), nourishes the earth . . . . Oh, and one more thing -- it massacres our lovely tulips.
 
Arrivederci, miei tulipani!
 
 

4 comments:

Victoria Goodridge said...

Hi :) there from Australia. Came accross your blog by hitting the "next" blog button. Loved it. As the mother of three beautiful children and a love of Italy and a desire to return one day I found your blog charming. Can't find a "spot" to follow!! But then again I ain't that computer savy!!!!!!!! cheers vg

Susan said...

Your poor tulips! We got hail here last night but it missed our balcony herbs.

Francesca said...

Oh, no! They'll be back next year!

Dana said...

What a tempest! I woke up twice, and I never wake with the weather. The howling wind and the thunder were unreal. I probably should have gotten up to check on things, but I went right back to sleep. . .thinking. . . this massive fort of a house is not moving.

Not sure what to do with the tulips now?!