3.22.2009

Animali at Da Sagraro



Farm animals are often part of the agriturismo experience. I dare say that they are also likely to end up on your plate in some way or another.


What is it with kids and sticks? And the more unwieldy the better!


The roosters and hens outnumbered the other animals by far.


I heard a rooster crow and had this exchange:
Me: Cock-a-doodle-do!
Maddy: Is that rooster English, Momma?
(An Italian rooster would say -- Ki-kidi-ki. . . or something like that.)


A nice big hill perfect for running and rolling


These little piggies followed Maddy all along the perimeter of the fence.
They enjoyed the wild fennel that she offered them.


I learned that turkeys hiss -- rather loudly.



Another language exchange:
Maddy, to the goat that she did not want to feed: Go away! Go away! Vai via! Vai via!
The goat did not budge.
Maddy, to me: Momma, that goat must speak Spanish because he is not listening to me!




Now. . .that's a flower pot!


The dirt road leads to Nanto.
Love the charm of the wooden home-crafted sign.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spanish speaking goats! English doodling roosters....I miss your girl. kris